keskiviikko 31. elokuuta 2011

Zombien kiva päivä

Tämä pieni lyhytfilmi löytyi io9:n kautta. Tässä ohjaajan Travis Bentzin mietteitä:

This film came from wanting to see a zombie enjoy himself for once. I mean, if you're part of the undead here in Los Angeles then you have a lot of beautiful days. It would be a shame to waste all of them sleeping in your coffin six feet bellow the star printed ground. The challenge was to see if I could express the idea of "beautiful day" by only shooting feet. Turns out that it's very limited what you can do when shooting at ground level to tell a story. Feet just don't pack the emotional punch that a hand or a face might. They are simply less expressive. I had to build the world around them.




 Sight-seeing, brain eating, base-running, gum-avoiding, new shoe finding, hopscotch-hopping....you get the idea. In the end I think this turn out to be really sweet...which is weird for me because normally someone dies. I guess in our hero's case he was already dead. And I guess he did kill a man...but that doesn't count. We never got to know that poor bastard. Anyway, it was nice for him to get to see the ocean, because it was nice for me as well.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti